Wednesday 2 November 2011

Hibernation

Long time no post.
Why didn't I post?
As others have reported from time to time you just run out of energy.
Nothing much was growing - even the beans.
Nothing got watered at the right times - the eternal battle of the taps.
Yeilds were low.
Motivation within the ranks of the small (and bigger) helpers was low too.
So no posts.
But now I'm back.
Onions and garlic at the ready, 2012 is go!
Hibernation is for hedgehogs (and do check those bonfires at the weekend).
I'm going in...
(Well technically up to)
THE ALLOTMENT BECKONS.

3 comments:

  1. I am in a similar position and so in agreement with what you say... it is hard to keep blogging and get on with work outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get plenty done and that 2012 is a better year produce wise for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your photo entitled 'The Enemy'. I'm too freaked to hold them in my hand, I use an old spoon.

    I was wondering if you might add your allotment to Folia the online gardening website (it's free). I'm always looking to encourage more gardeners to join and am having an extra push this week while the weather is keeping most people indoors.

    It's a great resource for gardeners and has helped me keep on top of my 800+ plantings with photo's, notes, journals, milestones etc. They have an extensive plant wiki and a seed stash section where people can also list seeds for swapping. Here's the link to my Folia page so you can see how it works: www.myfolia.com/gardener/CDfolia/invite.

    ReplyDelete