Sunday 26 July 2009

Mornings


Mornings are usually a chaos of people needing to get somewhere quickly and small boys climbing into my bed at unearthly hours. This morning was different. Last night I took the small boys out to the opening ceremony of the special olympics. It was a late night for them. So this morning I woke up and went to the allotment, all the harvesting had been done yesterday so I weeded the strawberry bed, planted some lettuce, weeded the beans and still manged to get home in time for breakfast. Which was a lovely relaxed start to the day. Which makes a change.

I even had time to contemplate the dahlias, I'm quite proud of them, from a packet of mixed seed from Wilkos I have splashes of colour all over the allotment. Which is also good for lifting your spirits in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. The dahlias look lovely. They're such a bright cheery flower.
    Isn't it lovely to have a bit of time for yourself on a morning. Now that the school holidays have started I'm usually up before the kids and seem to get loads done at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dahlias look lovely, I had some yellow ones in my dozens that I grew. Are you going to leave them in the ground over winter or lift them ? I read that the trend is to leave them in, but to cover/mulch with bark or compost, so might do some of both just incase I lose any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thrilled when my dahlias came up, like yours they were sown from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a beautiful relaxed morning. More of those please!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi thanks for the comments, I will probably leave them out to take their chances overwinter as they were easy to grow from seed, there again if I have to dig the bed over I'll take them out. The pinks and oranges are pretty too but the rain has made them a bit ragged.

    ReplyDelete