Sunday 12 April 2009

Preaching to the converted

"Can I try a bit of your rhubarb Mummy?" said OS today as I was tucking into a bowlful for pudding.
"No" says I, "you don't like it, it would be a waste".
"Can I try a bit?" says YS. "No, I'm afraid not, I don't want it wasted it's just too good to waste".
"Please?"
"Well if you are sure you won't waste it you could have a little bit..."
Two screwed up faces and silence and then a smile from OS.
"Actually it's really nice!"
YS screwed up his face some more, "Can I try some tommorrow - I might like it then?"

OK you can't win them all...

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear they liked it (though it's good for everyone to eat more fruit and veg...), not as much for you now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, we keep making that mistake too. Love love love rhubarb!!!
    Loving your blog too, just found it today!
    Off to have a nosey round.
    Maxine
    http://slowingdownwiththejones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sent to try us! Bless em! Don't think you ever totally win with kids, as long as they make you smile though its all worth it!

    Linzi x x

    ReplyDelete