Thursday 21 May 2009

Feast and famine





Weeds everywhere! Plants where I didn't put them - the parsnip is from 2 years ago and the potato from last year. Disaster in the asparagus patch, where one plant has not appeared at all and one got broken during todays weeding session, there were only three to start with. Snails back in the compost bin. Will anything planted by me on purpose ever produce a harvest this year? Not so far but os's radishes made a tasty snack as we ate the thinnings, the rhubarb is still going strong and I have pods on the broad beans and green strawberries and an almost courgette flower. I love this time of year!

3 comments:

  1. Not total disaster then. Those radishes look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, it sounds like things just want to live and grow on your patch, even if you don't intend it to be that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I know the feeling.. I didn't get to go up to the plot at the weekend but I just know the recent rain and now the warm weather will have turned the neat clear ground into a green jungle by now.. Not looking forward to the next trip up.... Eeeek... ;)

    ReplyDelete