Saturday 12 September 2009

Flowers for Grandma


Finally got to the plot today to pick more beans and courgettes. The beans are still non stringy and delicious so I will freeze another batch. Then we picked caterpillars for a good 10 minutes - and still the blighters come. I've already written my Christmas list and enviromesh is up there! Several people have been blogging about leek moth disaters but I think the wind at the plot must keep them away as no one seems to have any touble so far (touch wood). The wind has blown a few rows of beans over (not mine - I tied the poles to the plot fence) so I need to think of strategies for keeping cloches on my own plot this winter. Whilst I was doing this the boys picked an autumnal boquet for grandma which is very pretty I think, grandma thought so too. Just in case you think it is all so idylic at my plot - shortly after picking the flowers we had to go home due to a fight (about spades).

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely bouguet. Grandma is very lucky.
    We've had lovely weather over the last week and I've managed a trip to the lottie every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful flowers...shame they were followed with a fight....lol

    ReplyDelete