Monday 2 March 2009

A place in the sun


It was a beautiful day yesterday I thought you might like to see the whole plot. As you can see there's not much of it but we do pack a lot in. Anything that looks like a weed is either:

1) ryegrass sown as green manure

2) a grass path or

3) a weed. Glad we got that sorted. Don't make the picture any larger else you will see that 3) is a popular category.
Highlights of the tour include the shed, compost corner and the water butts. We have a tree house in the summer but we have taken it down until any March gales are past. We also put a table out under the tree in the summer so we can picnic in the shade, I realise eating next to the compost bin might not catch on with everyone but if the compost is working well it doesn't normally smell. If it does we move.

2 comments:

  1. Hi There, I am back from my week-end away and thought I would look in on everyone's blogs. Your plot looks good and I love your tree. I bet it's really relaxing sitting under it in the summer, and your right the compost bin doesn't smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i love the smell of free black gold anytime. can't believe you have a tree house that is so cool, very jealous - your kids don't know how utterly fab they are i bet, an allotment is cool enough!!

    ReplyDelete