Sunday 1 March 2009

The plot Marches on


What a lovely weekend. OS had the school bear this weekend. You have to take it with you wherever you go. Barnaby has seen some allotment action I can tell you! I guess not many kids ask how to spell rhubarb forcing as part of their homework.

The boys were archeologists this weekend, the've dug a big trench where I was going to plant some early carrots. Their finds include stones, stones and er, stones. I will negotiate filling it in again on another visit. I'm planning to get them to excavate the compost heap next. I feel it will need sieving and the "spoil" tipping onto the potato bed - I thought I might slip a few artefacts in there for them to find.

Things are beginning to look quite green and I've planted some peas out in the legume section. I seem to have already run out of room in the miscellaneous bed and the brassica bed is looking fullish too. Which is a pity as I have at least 6 more trays of seeds in process and I haven't even started with the mini green house yet. I must persuade my Mum that flowers are overrated and do my own landshare...

3 comments:

  1. My hubby is an archeaologist! What joy there was on our plot when we found some flint tools, a piece of pottery and a horse shoe. Stones, are, er, important too!
    What a lucky bear, sitting there in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a sweet story. Lovely boys and a lovely bear, much better than having to bring a Hamster home from school. Although of course if a hamster died on you there's always a chance of getting an identical one, but what do you do if the bear goes missing ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And my hubby is a photographer who ocasionally works on archeological digs! Guess he will be mortified when he sees this photo though - too much flare.

    ReplyDelete